My Rescued Cattle Dog Experience ~ Melissa K., Assistant

I got Brady about three and a half years ago from a friend. She was on her way home from a run, and this little black and white spotted dog followed her all the way home! My friend could not keep her, sadly, so she shared a picture of "Bonnie" on her Instagram page. 


I came across the photo, showed it to my parents and begged for us to all go and meet her together. When we got to my friends house, this crazy, cute, rambunctious fifty-pound goofball ran toward me. We all fell in love with her immediately! My family and I took her home the same day, and we all went to the veterinarian's the next day to get her vaccinated and to make sure that she had a thorough exam. 


The vet gave her a clean bill of health, and she has now been a part of my family's life for three awesome years. There have been many crazy moments with her in our lives, like when she broke the screen door and ran to the golf course in my parents neighborhood! 


Brady is the first dog I have ever had, and she made me fall in love with taking care of animals. I worked at her doggie daycare for almost a year; she lead me to dog training as well, and now into training to become a Veterinary Assistant. She has guided my life on a wonderful path, and I look forward to every day being an adventure with my crazy, cute Australian Cattle Dog!

Comments